With less than 5 hours to go in 2010, I figured I needed to sit down and take a look at my life and see what needs to be changed (and we all need to change some things, no matter how small). *Choir breaks out into “AMEN”*
1) Spend more time with family. This has always been something that I have struggled with and have been called out on more than one time in the past year. There have been days that I have gotten up at the crack of dawn to go to the gym and have not gotten home until well after dark because of being at the gym working out after work.
2) Be more responsible with my time in the Bible. This is another part of my life that I have always struggled with. I have always had the intention to read thru the Bible in a year, but somehow that has been derailed after a few weeks each year. The only thing that has stayed consistent is my morning listening to “Morning Light Devotional with Charles Stanley”. Since I have no problem listening to audio on my way to and from work, I will add in the audio Bible to the rotation right after “Morning Light Devotional with Charles Stanley”, using either the Alexander Scourby or the Dramatic Rendition of the New King James Version of the Bible so I can expand my Biblical knowledge.
3) Eat better. This would seem like a no-brainer, right? I mean, I have been keeping track of my food on MyFitnessPal for a year, so my food should be all in line with the proper food stuffs, right? WRONG!!! I still slip, more than I like. Breakfast seems to be my biggest weakness. I find myself more times than not stopping at a gas station and getting a pop-tart or a honey bun, or *gasp* a steak and egg biscuit, just so I can say that I have eaten breakfast. Last night I stopped at Panera and picked up a baker’s dozen of bagels, which will hopefully give both me and my wife a little inspiration to have a healthier breakfast in the morning than what the gas station has to offer, and it will stay with me longer. I also need to make better lunch choices with lower sodium, as my lunches have been eaten out instead of being made at home.
4) Exercise more, but in moderation. This is another one that has been tough. I go to the gym in the morning before work when I go, but have had trouble the last couple of months getting back into a normal rotation of going. I go one morning, then proceed to take the next three off. I need to get back to going every morning or not go until the evening after work with my wife.
5) Be more of an example. I have been working with my church’s youth group for nearly four years, and don’t have that many that would come to me for spiritual questions. I am going to work to change that in 2011. Hopefully they will see the change with the audio Bible and will come to me.
6) Write more. I had intentions of writing three full novels in 2010 (Syckosis, the Nano novel, and one other) and the only one that ended up getting written was the Nano novel. Not so in 2011: Seeing as how I have 3 full novels that need editing and one to complete, I will be working on them for at least 5 hours a week in some form or fashion, so that by this time next year, I may have them ready for an agent to look at and present to a publisher.
I am sure there are more things that I should do in the next year, but I can't think of them right now.
I welcome your feedback on this or any of my other blogs. Please use the comments button below or shoot me an e-mail at email@example.com.
Until we meet again, remember, two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.