Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The boulder hath been lifted. . . .

I know it's been some time since I last posted, but, I promise, it was not my fault. You see, there was this HUGE writer's block sitting in front of me, that had caused me to not even want to pick up a pen to write a check, much less anything regarding my hobby. Actually, a block does not do what was sitting in front of me justice. It was more like a boulder the size of Little Rock (ha ha, oh come on, you know that was funny, nice play on words, or something).

Then, something happened. I had been listening to http://www.pendantaudio.com/ for about a year or so, and every now and then, they have casting calls for positions on audio dramas. For those of you unfamiliar with audio dramas, it's where people either get together and record a script, or more chances than not, they record the lines that are assigned to their character and then a producer puts everyone's lines together and a story is formed, complete with sound effects and music. Anyway, about a month ago, an audition call went up for the Pendant original series named Seminar. I had auditioned for a few other parts in other Pendant productions, but had not been cast, but for some reason, had a good feeling about this one, and said to myself, "Why not? What's the worst that could happen? They don't accept me again?"

So, I submitted my audition lines, just like before, and waited. It was a long four days for the results to be broadcast on "This Week in Pendant", and at first, I thought that I had not gotten the role, because I thought they sent out scripts the day that the roles were announced. I even told my wife, "Well, that's another role I didn't get." But, surprise, surprise, surprise! When the casting call results were announced, there was my name being broadcast to play the villian in the audio drama!! I couldn't believe it. I had to rewind the broadcast three times to make sure I had heard right. When I was sure that it was really true, I actually SQUEED!

After that, it was if someone rolled the rock out of my way. I have completed my first audio drama script, which I submitted to Pendant for review for their Seminar series, and have landed a "walk-on" role in another Pendant production. I have started rewriting Valqis again. And I am thinking sometime in the next month or so, I am probably going to start my next Randolph Prescott novel.

In other news, The Milledgeville Players production of Damn Yankees (pardon the language, but that's the title) is scheduled to open at Russell Auditorium at Georgia College on August 17, 2011, and run thru August 21, 2011, and I will be in it, playing the part of Mr. Welch. So, If you want to see me sing, dance, and act, you can buy your tickets at http://www.milledgevilleplayers.org/ or by contacting 314-4054. Tickets are $15 dollars for regular admission, and $10 for college students or children 12 and under.

I would appreciate your attendance at the play if you are in the area (Macon/Warner Robins/Milledgeville). If you are interested in persuing voice acting, http://www.pendantaudio.com/ is a great place to get your start. Check out both the websites in the blog, and tell me what you think.

Until then, two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.


I welcome your feedback on this or any of my other blogs. Please use the comments button below or shoot me an e-mail at childofking88@aol.com.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading, Lance(?)! Congrats on the audio role and the live role coming up soon. I am sure me and the mrs. will be in attendance at one of the shows.

    Sincerely,

    Omega

    ReplyDelete